Research has shown that mindfulness meditation is effective in:
- managing stress, anxiety and depression
- helping manage physical pain
- improving the function of the immune system and
- increasing optimism and a sense of well-being
Additional healthy lifestyle changes which can revolutionise your health and happiness will also be explored.
About the Mindfulness Meditation Group:
Supportive small group classes for people with little or no experience of meditation.
In this 6 week program you will learn how to practice both structured and informal mindfulness and:
- How to use Mindfulness in the treatment and management of stress, anxiety and depression
- How to apply Mindfulness when dealing with difficult emotions such as anger, sadness, fearfulness etc.
- How to release the negative thinking that often underlies and fuels our difficult emotions and unskillful behaviours
- How Mindfulness changes our brain structure to enable us to embrace life with greater ease and joy, more presence and optimism
Teacher: Steve Brown is a counsellor and psychotherapist who studied Mindfulness Meditation in India, Thailand and Nepal in the 1980's and has his own personal practice of over 30 years.
He uses Mindfulness techniques in his counselling and psychotherapy, and has been facilitating Mindfulness groups for the past 18 years. Steve brings a gentle and grounded approach to his teaching of Mindfulness Meditation.
Cost of the group: $250 (instructional CD included)
Medicare rebate: A Medicare rebate is available if you have a mental health care plan and referral from your G.P.
Venue: Reconnexion, 1939 Malvern Road, East Malvern, 3145 Victoria.
Time and Dates: contact Reconnexion